What is Motability?
The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to lease a new scooter or powered wheelchair, using their Government funded mobility allowance. If you are entitled to and receiving either;
- The Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- The Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- The War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- The Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
If you are receiving any of the above then you may be eligible to join the Motability Scheme.
The Motability Scheme has helped over 3 million people get mobile again.
What Are The Benefits of Joining The Motability Scheme
- A brand new powered wheelchair or scooter every three years
- Insurance, servicing and maintenance at no extra cost
- Full breakdown assistance at no extra cost
- Replacement tyres and replacement batteries at no extra cost
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
There are over 300 Scooters and powered wheelchairs to choose from, most in fact cost less than your allowance! Your scooter or wheelchair is covered by Insurance from RSA Motability (RSAM). You are covered for accident, damage or theft of the product and with no excess payment. The insurance also covers you against any damage caused by your scooter or powered wheelchair to other products, people or property. Breakdown assistance is also included from Motability Assist, they will take you and your scooter / wheelchair back to your home address in the event of an accident or breakdown.
Most of scooters and powered wheelchairs on the Motability Scheme come as standard from the manufacturer (except in special cases of custom-built powered wheelchairs). If you require additional adaptations, for further information contact us.